How to Construct a ship in a bottle
Learn to make a model ship to put in a bottle with this video guide.
1. Take clean plastic bottle with mouth about 5 inches to fit the ship
2. Pierce a hole on the top of the bottle using compass.
3. Insert a pair of scissors through pierced hole and cut it into a rectangle door into one side clean open edges so that it looks neat
4. Cut a card board one size smaller than plastic piece you have cut
5. Draw the side view of the boat in a card board and cut two pieces
6. Cut one more set of side view of the boat
7. Cut the pointed end of the pieces and cut one set into half.
8. Stick the cut pieces into either side of the other piece
9. On top of it again paste the sharp tip on either side of it.
10. Take three cocktail sticks to make the mast of the boat
11. All the stick should be of equal length.
12. Carefully punch one stick in the middle of the ship not too deep but ensure it stands on its own.
13. Carefully punch the other two stick one in from raised part and the other one on the back
14. Now take a stick break it and insert in an angle in the front
15. Mix PVC with glue and use it to paste tissue paper to the ship and seal around to give a neat look.
16. When the glue is dried you can paint the ship.
17. Cut five triangular pieces of paper to resemble the sails of the ship and paste the ends to the sticks and hold till it dry.
18. Complete the ship with a small flag stuck in the front
19. Finally insert the ship inside the bottle and glue it and tie a thread for the rigging
20. When the glue is dry trim the excess glue
21. Tape the plastic door to the bottle.
22. Finish with a cork and stand for the bottle.