Crazy Chris shows us how to make a cool boomerang out of two Styrofoam cups - useful as a party trick. Plastic and paper cups can also be used. The bottoms of the cups are taped together. The key to making the boomerang work is the positioning of the fingers on the cups. The middle finger should be placed in the middle joint of the two cups - the fingernail in contact with the tape. The pointer and ring fingers should support the top of the cups and the thumb gives the bottom support. Chris then flicks the cup-boomerang with his middle finger. It moves up and away before returning back to him. He catches it. In the final part, he explains how the boomerang works. In flicking the cups, a spin is created making a low pressure area on one side. The high pressure on the other side pushes the cups back and Chris is then able to catch cup-boomerang.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades