First, cut a plastic bottle down the middle the long way.
Next, put a little candle in one of the halves.
Then, using 1/8 inch copper tubing, make the engine by bending the middle of the tubing around a nail a few times, then removing the nail.
Use the nail to poke two holes in the back of the bottle (boat).
Push the ends of the tube through the holes.
Position the coiled part of the tubing (the engine) above the candle.
Bend the tubes sticking out the back of the boat downwards, so they'll be under water.
Place the boat in water and fill the copper tube with water.
Light the candle, and once the water in the tube boils, the boat will jerk ahead, then continue on its way. You've built a little steam engine!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades