With many internet/Lego nerds anxiously awaiting the completion of the world's first full size Lego House, Barnaby Gunning Architects and British TV personality, James May, finally unveiled the finished product this past Friday. The house (was) 100% Lego, "including a working toilet, hot shower and a very uncomfortable bed".
Unfortunately, the house was dismantled yesterday, just days after it was completed.
According to UK's Daily Mail, "About 1,000 volunteers built the 20 ft-tall house in Denbies Wine Estatein Dorking, Surrey – but now the vineyard needs the land back to harvest its grapes. If no one collects it by 8am on Tuesday, it will be hacked to bits with chainsaws."
The house wasn't "collected" by 8am. Plans for Lego Land to purchase the property fell through, and not a single buyer offered the 50,000 pounds to dismantle and rebuild.
What a waste (not to mention poor planning)! Sadly, the house is gone, but documentation does remain. Check it out.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades